Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Understanding TEA Budgeting Guidelines

Viewing and reviewing the TEA budgeting guidelines allowed me to learn a bit more about the process of building a school budget. It is important that the state guidelines are understood and implemented. School finance is very new to me and I feel that now more than ever we must learn it thoroughly. I worked with a very hard working Superintendent in a small school and he did his very best to always generate as much money as we could. I clearly recall it being a celebration when a new student enrolled. New student would equal more money! From those experiences I began to learn slowly however I had been exposed minimally to the guidelines.

In the past I have previewed the various guidelines through my masters program at Texas State University while enrolled in school law. The organization of the document is chronological and the summaries are very helpful. It serves as a good guide for someone new who is learning the process of school budgets and the state requirements and mandates. I feel like I will be able to use this as a resource when contributing to a district budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment