Thursday, July 30, 2009

Saying Adios

So there I am, walking out of my classroom with my finger on the light switch about to turn it off for the last time.. I turn back and have a flashback of my last four years in that room.... with an average of about 200 students per year about 800 students spent a good amount of time in there not only learning Espanol, but learning about me, about life, about being happy and fun.....
I stood there for a good 5 minutes and recalled many moments that made me remember why I love doing what I do..... i then flipped the switch off and walked out... the door closed and locked behind me....

Things done today

*Had lunch with one of my mentors and her family (awesome family by the way... they have 4 kids and are all super cool....I gave the little 7 year old my Quarterback Pass Attack game I had in my room...)
*Drove to school to pack my stuff and load it onto my truck
* Chilled out with the people in the building... said my goodbyes...
* Gathered as many documents that can help me at my new school..haha.. its not cheating, its SHARING! (Parents handbook, discipline forms, etc.. stuff ill be in charge of)
* Had dinner with a good friend off Cesar Chaves...
*Back home ready to continue packing.....and finding a family from Mexico a place to live for a year.... Probably my last real estate transaction for a while......

Lets see what manana brings.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment