Saturday, August 22, 2009

2nd Week of Inservice- Geteting ready for the kiddos

Hello hello....
The second week of inservice was interesting. Did a whole lot. In order of events I dont remember, but the highlights were going to the houston museum of natural science for some GT training and afterwards going to teacher heaven. I drove the bus on the way back.... first time i had driven in traffic in about 2 years.... i did ok.. no bumps or anything.... at teahcer heaven teachers all had 100 dollars to spend... i think that was a nice gesture from the sup. i threw in some stuff for myself in the office.

The night before, on wednesday we had meet the teacher night. Here I met many of the students and parents. Everyone seems very nice. Since we are a pk-8 campus i had all kinds of students. Some kindergarteners were going in between my legs as I talked to the 8th graders.... everyone seems to have welcomed me pretty well... i think they are happy i am there. that day was also tha athletic parent meeting. there were about 20-30 people there and i wasnt really ready since alot of the AP stuff was priority. i did talk about the handbook, the different expectations, as well as about me.... then the other coaches did the same.... easy money...

Overall the feelining of being the "boss" is kind of weird.... teachers use "yes sir, and no sir," they come ask if they can leave early, ask about procedures..... im handling it well, but it is very new.... i consider myself a leader and i feel like i have always been one... as far as in the school business i plan on leading this school to lots of success.... the leader part that also labels you as the boss is something i need to get used to.. i know i cant be their friend friend and be totally myself around them, but i also dont want to be dry....itll take me a while to figure it out. for now i think im doing an ok job.....

School starts on monday... i am definitely excited. there will be an assembly where I will talk about various things dealing with changes in the school.... Throughout the day i plan on organizing my teacher and student files as well as make my way around the school and go to every classroom.... we will hand out equipment for football and im gonna meet the team..... stay tuned for more updates on the fun life of the prinscipal....

No comments:

Post a Comment